[Homeroast] behmor afterburner was: Behmor Fire

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Thu Apr 12 14:15:14 CDT 2012

Off hand, it does not sound like to me you are running too high for
the afterburner.  Most likely you are just being a touch hard when
you reset the coil.  The slightest crimp or nick will cause them to
break again early.  Also, I have some spares and would be happy to
get one to you - just drop me a line.

BTW, just for the record, having the after burner burned out, does
not give more power to the elements.  The circuity just doesn't work
that way.  And in all cases I have seen, having a burned out
afterburner actually will slow the roast because less heat is being
introduced into the system.  I suspect you are seeing something
different because you have it on a variac.

John
Alchemist at large