[Homeroast] behmor afterburner was: Behmor Fire

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:05:00 CDT 2012

I'm glad to hear this report.  I figured mine broke within about 2 months
from when I bought the new unit.  There was no more smoke suppression.
Being the non-engineer type, I just left it and moved the roaster to the
garage, where the smoke was more "acceptable" to those who live with me.
So now I just live with the smoke.  Of course, I'm assuming the afterburner
was the smoke suppressor, if it's not, nevermind.  :-)

On a side note, I am pleased to report that last week I roasted some of the
current Sumatra Tom is offering (the beans look kind of worked), and 2 days
after the roast, it smelled and tasted of blueberries (super sweet and
fruity).  I've never experienced this before with Indonesian coffees, just
African.  It was a great surprise!

Greg