[Homeroast] behmor afterburner was: Behmor Fire

Doug Grove dgrove.wa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:25:21 CDT 2012

Hi Len,

I repaired my afterburner at least 6 times before finally giving up
and leaving it broken.
Not having the afterburner running gives more power to the elements and shortens
the roast time a bit.

I suspect that is was my use of a Variac that caused the afterburner
issues.  As near
as I could figure out, it would blow out when the cool cycle came on.
Perhaps too much
power being directed to it at that time??  Not an engineer so have no
clue if that's reasonable
or not.  I only used the Variac since I have poor line voltage in my
old house and only set it
to around 125 V, which is high-normal ASFAIK.

Doug