[Homeroast] Behmor Fire

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Thu Apr 12 13:24:27 CDT 2012

Say his name an he appears :)

Your observation is 100% correct.  The roasts do generally take
longer in hot weather.  The reason is because in cool whether, cool
air is drawn into the side panel area where the thermistor is
located, so is 'cooled'.  This makes the system think that the roast
chamber is cooler, so it keeps the elements on more.  Conversely, in
hot whether, heat is not dissipated as fast from the thermistor, so
they system interprets this as the chamber being hotter, so it cycles
it more to keep it 'in spec'.

Clearer?

I will also note that the newer models with the additional cooling
fan on the side panel are much less prone to this as they are keeping
the air in the side chamber exchanged more, so you see less variances
with weather.

Alchemist John