[Homeroast] Behmor Fire

j3r j at j3r.org
Wed Apr 11 10:49:34 CDT 2012

On 12-04-10 02:46 PM, Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee wrote:
> Oh - such a painful picture to look at - we had one here when I was
> distracted, and we just picked it up and ran outside, dumped the
> coffee in the gutter and that was that. Not fun. And as others say,
> the cleanup is not fun either! It took a few roasts to get rid of the
> pungent smoke smell. But it worked...
>
> Tom
>
>> Jeremy, WELCOME to the 3rd Crack Club!
>>
>>  Now the fun part, cleaning that puppy up!  After my "event" somebody
>> on the
>> list recommended Dawn Power Dissolver. I found it worked better than
>> Simple
>> Green, 409, or even Easy Off Oven Cleaner (not recommended). The Dawn
>> was
>> kinda hard to find but ultimately found it at Wally World.  Contact
>> Behmor
>> Tech support for the tests they use to make sure your machine is not
>> damaged.
>>
>> Bob
>> Dexter, Oregon

Hehe thanks for the kind words folks :) As you can see, the cleanup is
done http://www.flickr.com/photos/svladcjelli/7065184849/ and the old
Behmor is still kickin'. I did a few cleaning cycles and one roast of an
old bean to re-season it since I stripped it down with simply green.

I must say I am impressed with the quality of the Behmor, it weathered
my stupidity with nary a problem.

Jeremy