[Homeroast] Could it be my altitude - 6550 ft

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:12:03 CDT 2012

HI Phil,

Contrary to intuition, coarser grind generally causes more stalling
problems, not fewer, with the glass-rod vacpot. Nevertheless, IMHO, coarser
grinds yield better flavor with the glass-rod vacpot, so it's worth the
trouble to figure out how to make it work.

Try the burst of heat just before drawdown, making sure it's applied long
enough to jiggle the glass rod (shouldn't be any more than 5-8 seconds,
often less).

I'd be VERY surprised if that didn't clear things up.

How dark was the commercial coffee you were brewing with?  Makes a huge
difference with this brewing method.

Thanks.
Doug