[Homeroast] behmor fire

David Morrow dmorrown at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:14:53 CDT 2012

Jeremy,

Thanks for the reminder not to leave the Behmor unattended.  I have had one
or two small glowing chaff fires, but they quickly went out when I shut the
system down.  As you have probably figured out by now, your mistake was to
hit cool instead of off.  Here is what the manual says about fire:

In Case of Fire: Never open the chamber door.

It goes on to say that the machine should shut down automatically.  When
that happens, unplug it and move it outside when it is same to do so.  You
might want to talk to their tech support person about why the machine didn't
shut down and what you should do to make sure it has not been damaged.  From
what I hear, they are usually very helpful.