[Homeroast] behmor fire

j3r j at j3r.org
Mon Apr 9 13:09:53 CDT 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/svladcjelli/7059367829/

So I was slicing mushrooms nearby and my friend says "hmm, there is lots
of smoke coming from the roaster". I run over and sure enough it is
billowing smoke. Turn it on cooling cycle, but that is not helping - I
can see flames inside. Open the door and of course that makes it into a
raging inferno. Scramble to find fire extinguisher (ironically it is
behind 4 cans of butane - hmmm). Extinguish fire and toss basket outside
where it proceeds to fill my backyard with amazingly thick smoke (do
they use coffee beans inside smoke grenades?). Extinguish that with some
water.

That night I swept it out, cleaned it with simply green and what do you
know, it still works :)

Just thought I would throw it out there that this thing is really
dangerous if you don't follow their info and don't keep a close eye on
it. I was roasting 1lb of Sidamo (I mourn its death) on P1 with an extra
minute tacked on.

Jeremy