[Homeroast] Espresso vs. Brew

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:15:03 CDT 2012

It's another Coffee World John. Working with espresso machines offers
experiences not possible with any other brew method. Now I have heard some
say that the coffee produced with the fairly recent MyPressi is not bad. I
first tasted shots pulled by the inventor as he demoed at the 2010 SCAA
after hours Event party held at the Los Angeles Intellegencia party. Not an
arm and a leg for this little hand held unit. Fun on camping trips. Don't
get me wrong though, comparing this to a nice duel boiler espresso machine
is not possible. No question if I could have a home duel boiler La Marzocco
I would. The "Dark" side can temp us once our taste buds have been tickled
with nectar from Zeus's coffee forge.
If you don't have a taste for espresso than by all means stay with brewed
coffee. Many brew systems out there to keep any coffee geek busy. I love
both methods.
Joe

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM, John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com>wrote:

> Although I first learned from espresso bars on the Via Veneto that
> coffee better than standard swill was possible,  for years I have been
> satisfied with the coffee brewed in my kitchen.  My scheme of values
> has prevented me from buying a home espresso maker -- which cost as
> much as years' supply of beans.
>
> In the years I have been a "lister" -- mostly as a lurker -- I have
> noticed that listers who brew exchange views largely with others who
> brew, and espress-ers (necessarily, I suppose) with espress-ers.  I
> have sometimes wondered whether the silence of these latter means they
> regard the exchanges among us "home-brewers" with some contempt.
>
> Would any of you espress-ers try to persuade me to invest big bucks in
> a machine?
>

> --
> Contra muros, mater rubicolla

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe at sasquatchcoffee.com <http://www.jolindas.com> <http://www.jolindas.com>
(360)521-3104
PO Box 451
Stevenson,Washington
98648 USA

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the
children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in
the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or
nothing.”
— Helen Keller