[Homeroast] New Hot Top- change drum?

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 02:59:40 CDT 2011

I've roasted many hundred of pounds with my CCR HotTop the last four years.
Never cleaned the drum once, roasts coffee just fine. And roasted many
thousands of pounds with my USRC 3k, nope never cleaned that drum either.

If I had a new HotTop would I put the old drum in it? Probably not just keep
it as a spare and roast a bunch of old beans to season the new drum. Or keep
the new one as a spare, either or.

Mike McGinness, Head Bean
Compass Coffee
http://www.compasscoffeeroasting.com
360-989-6658

Ultimately the quest for Coffee Nirvana is a solitary path. To know I must