[Homeroast] New Hot Top- change drum?

David H.G. Hipwell gisdave at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 24 12:20:18 CDT 2011

Hi All, I recently cleaned my HotTop roaster and drum with Easy Off Heavy-Duty Oven Cleaner.  I'd done about 30-ish roasts with it (I haven't kept count), and there was a visible layer of roasting residue left inside.   If you spray it on and wait a few minutes, all the roasting crud on the metal just wipes off.  If you spray the drum inside and out (be sure to spray the inside from both ends to coat all surfaces), wait for it to do its stuff, and put it in the dishwasher, it will come out bright and shiney - just like when it was new.   I'm unsure whether the finer aspects of the dirty/clean roaster effects on the roast, but the method above is a quick and effective way to remove gunk from your roaster. Hope this helps.