[Homeroast] improving flavor from stove top espresso pot at sea level

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 22 20:57:17 CDT 2011

I meant to suggest that where I live is not significantly different
from sea level for these purposes.  Now if global warming raises the
oceans some fifty feet or so that is another issue.  The main
difference I found was when I was vacationing up in the Rockies were
the place we were staying had an elevation of close to 6,000 feet.  I
can't remember just what temperature water boils at up there but
boiling food sure takes longer.  Boiled potatoes almost never get mash
able.
   pecan jim