[Homeroast] New Hot Top- change drum?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Sep 22 11:53:05 CDT 2011

At 10:14 AM 9/21/2011, you wrote:
>I don't have a Hot Top, but run a Behmor and I've followed lots of threads
>on the Behmor stressing the same thing, keeping the metal clean and shiny
>helps with the roast.

I believe but don't know that keeping a Behmor clean is a requirement
for two reasons, one because it has no insulation and clean metal is
a better insulator than dirty metal and secondly because it uses a
thermostat that reads different when it's face is dark and better at
absorbing heat.  Both of those combine to make roast go much slower
when the inside of the machine gets dirty.

Ira