[Homeroast] New Hot Top- change drum?

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:14:47 CDT 2011

I've been reading an interesting thread on Home-Barista that took a turn in
this direction when someone mentioned keeping the drum in a Hot Top clean is
important and contrary to commercial roasters to reflect the radiated heat
from the elements to the beans.

http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/freezing-seriously-affects-profile-t18898-20.html#p222673

I don't have a Hot Top, but run a Behmor and I've followed lots of threads
on the Behmor stressing the same thing, keeping the metal clean and shiny
helps with the roast.

Take with a grain of salt, but an interesting data point to consider.

-Chris