[Homeroast] improving flavor from stove top espresso pot at sea level

pecanjim pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 21 08:44:49 CDT 2011

Actually I think I had the idea because I grew up brewing moonshine.  I have
spent many and many hours aiming at keeping the still in that narrow five degree
temperature range between where alcohol and water boils.  I would shut each
batch down when a match would not light the liquid coming out the condensing
coil. I think when you are dealing with something as chemically complex as
coffee, a few degrees can make a big difference.  Also, the coffee you drink
will not have alcohol in it because it will evaporate creating the pressure to
push the water through the coffee unless you put too much in the pot. And,
anyway I am retired.
  pecan jim