[Homeroast] let's all link up

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:39:17 CDT 2011

Hi Nancy,

I bought 3 Krups Moka Brews when they were being closed out and still
have them, but they work best for full pots of coffee; I live alone
and drink only one cup of coffee daily, so I now usually use a 6-tasse
stovetop moka pot. Every now and then I use a Clever Coffee Dripper.

I am still roasting with my beastly, 4-pound Master Appliance heatgun.
I suspend it from a tripod for roasting so the weight isn't a factor,
and I can roast a pound at a time without auxiliary heat. But I moved
to Minnesota, where the winters are more wintry than in northern New
Mexico and in South Carolina, where I have been living since starting
to roast, so I am thinking a bit more seriously about a Behmor. I will
wait and see how it goes. I roast only once every 2 weeks, so that may
make roasting in the winter more bearable. Also, I can roast in a
garage where I am currently living. But Winter is a way off. In the
meantime, I'm hugely enjoying autumn, my favorite time of year.

Brian