[Homeroast] Pruning an indoor coffee plant

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 20:11:26 CDT 2011

At 04:09 PM 9/8/2011, you wrote:
>For those who have to move the plants indoors for the winter what
>varietal stays the smallest and most compact?

  Coffea Arabica Frostbiteca ;)  Or Coffea Arabica Toosmallapottica ;)  ;)

Truthfully, it was many years before mine got unwieldy, and the
frostbitten one is still not that bad.  Maybe 3' tall.  Healthy but
lags behind the other one.  And as I am learning, they can be pruned
to keep them under control.  Unless Tom makes specific varietals
available, I think you have to take whatever you can get?

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net