[Homeroast] Pruning an indoor coffee plant

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 17:41:45 CDT 2011

At 06:26 PM 9/7/2011, you wrote:
>> > 3. Â WHEN should I prune them? Â This
>> question remains relatively unanswered > per
>> the net. Â These are outdoor plants in the
>> summer and they winter > indoors. Â Not sure if they ever become "dormant".
>End of June you can cut them back hard (They
>would probably tolerate cutting them to ground
>level, but I'm not 100% on how they would do).
>They should be growing well by then (30-45 days outside). Jamie

So they winter indoors unmolested, go outdoors
maybe mid May and prune them back about a month later?

Because they have leaves primarily at the end of
the stems and the centers are bar, if I cut them
back to about 50% of their current height, I will
be removing maybe 50-75% of the leaves.  OK?

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net