[Homeroast] Vacpot & Ceramic Cooktops

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 07:29:18 CDT 2011

I also put my Yama 8-cup directly on the burner.  I fill it with cold,
filtered water and heat it at about 3/4 power, until it starts boiling,
without the top part attached.  Once it boils, I dial the control down to
simmer.  And once it is at just a simmer, I pop on the top unit, already
filled with coffee, and start my timer.  The upflow is pretty fast (30-40
seconds), I give it a few stirs to get everything wet and the action of the
vac pot usually keeps the brew mixing.  I've checked the temp on the top and
it's always right around 205.

Once the timer chirps (I usually do 2:30), I move it off the burner and the
draw down is typically around 60 seconds.

In fact, maybe I should make a pot right now. :)