[Homeroast] Vacpot & Ceramic Cooktops

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 18:08:03 CDT 2011

Hi Bob, Chris, All,

Thanks for the feedback.  I took your advice, used my Yama 8-cup directly on
the cooktop, and everything worked out fine. I need to fiddle with the
timing a little to get a burner hot enough for the final bump of heat just
before drawdown, but everything else appears to be fine.

I'm still a little neurotic, wondering what kind of innocent error will 1)
break the vacpot, or 2) crack the cooktop, but so far, so good.

As usual, it's wonderful to be able to check in here and get immediate and
knowledgable answers to questions.  I tried a lot of sources here in New
Zealand and came up completely empty.

Doug