[Homeroast] Vacpot & Ceramic Cooktops

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 08:30:47 CDT 2011

Good to hear from you, Doug.

I've got a ceramic cooktop and make a siphon pot (Yama 8 + Pyrex lock in
rod) most weekends (siphon Sunday).

No need for the trivet, start high if you start with cold water and cut back
to medium when up to temp.  Use a small burner/element.

Works great when you get used to it, and you can gently slide the pot back
to a cool burner when you want the draw-down to start.

My initial attempts used too low heat settings until I got used to it.

I've even made a few Ibriks on the range.

Good luck.

-Chris

Pecked out on my mobile phone.
On Sep 2, 2011 1:32 AM, "Doug Hoople" <doughoople at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Apologies in advance if this has already been covered.
>
> My wife and I just moved from a house that had a gas stove (bliss) to one
> that has a ceramic cooktop. I've never had a ceramic cooktop, and I'm not
> really very interested in figuring the thing out, and I'll replace with
gas
> sometime in the near future, but tomorrow is problematic, and the next few
> weeks are looking a bit dire unless I work this out.
>
> As many of you might remember, I'm a beyond-help vacuum pot devotee. Is
> there any way that the Yama 8-cup pot can be used on a ceramic cooktop.
With