[Homeroast] Vacpot & Ceramic Cooktops

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 03:30:07 CDT 2011

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered.

My wife and I just moved from a house that had a gas stove (bliss) to one
that has a ceramic cooktop. I've never had a ceramic cooktop, and I'm not
really very interested in figuring the thing out, and I'll replace with gas
sometime in the near future, but tomorrow is problematic, and the next few
weeks are looking a bit dire unless I work this out.

As many of you might remember, I'm a beyond-help vacuum pot devotee. Is
there any way that the Yama 8-cup pot can be used on a ceramic cooktop. With
a normal electric range, you use a thin wire trivet on the burner to provide
the necessary space to prevent the pot from overheating and breaking. With
the ceramic cooktop, I'm not even sure that this would be acceptable.

Is this just an impossible mission that I should avoid altogether, or is
there a way of making this work?

Thanks.
Doug