[Homeroast] Cold Brew

Thomas Gremaud gremaudt at charter.net
Wed Oct 26 16:02:15 CDT 2011

Years and years ago I used to cold brew in a Toddy Maker.  Essentially, you put a pound of coffee into a bucket with a filter and a stopper at the bottom, let it sit overnight (I have forgotten just how many hours), then you pulled out the stopper and drained the coffee into a carafe that you then kept in the refrigerator.  What you had was extremely concentrated, but mix it with water, nuke the cup, and you had a nice, mild coffee.  The problem was that the coffee was good on day one and day two, but around day three it started tasting stale, and by day five it was absolutely terrible.