[Homeroast] Brass Zass

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:38:47 CDT 2011

I have a very similar vintage 8" Dienes in chrome. It was the new
model post-war and stayed the same for many years.  I'd guess your
model zass is the same design vintage. Surprisingly the burrs in my
Dienes are rather aggressive and won't do a fine turkish grind. But
with the burrs +/- just touching (in the way hand mills do) it
produces a grind that my Olympia Cremina lever espresso machine just
loves. Crema that lasts. The best of all of my grinders.
enjoy,
Ed

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM, sci <scizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Zippity Doo Dah (again)! Got the Brass Zass today, except it turned out to
> be a Copper Zass and, I believe, unused. There was no sign of the burrs ever
> being used. Does anybody know when they stopped making them copper and
> started making them brass? It is pretty cool looking and will make a nice
> addition to my Hario table top vacuum pot. I didn't find the grind time much
> different than my wood box Zasses.
>
> Recent roasts in QM3: Java Kajumas Org. Taman Dardar (Vienna)
> Rwanda Remara Narasiza (FC)
> Genema Biftu Harar (C+)
>
> Ivan

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast