[Homeroast] Monday's Cup

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:53:44 CDT 2011

Ah, too bad! I have great memories of Ethiopian Sidamo DP - one of my
favorites of all time.

I never order coffee out anymore - but one day I was impressed enough with
the info given to me at Clover in Harvard Square that I enthusiastically
ordered a cup. Was told that it was a small roaster in Maine who roasts in
his attic (kept thinking... attic...fire... but then my kids call me
neurotic..) What a disappointment though. Didn't have the heart to tell them
it basically stunk - if someone's nice to me, I hold back. Now the #$#@ who
was an @#$(& to me on the T, now that's another story... the city in me
comes out. :D

Their setup is great, and so much thought goes into their food and coffee,
but my cup wasn't even good. They make individual drip cups & they train
their staff to make sure the temperature of the water is right. Looking
back, I think their problem might just be that they are making the cups too
weak.

At some point (when I can afford it) I'm going to start trying some of the
other local places that supposedly have good roasts. George Howell has a
place not far from me, too - haven't been there yet.

Lynne