[Homeroast] Ecologically Friendly Coffee Bag?

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sat Oct 1 12:40:06 CDT 2011

Yes.
Tin-tie
http://store.pacificbag.com/compostablepapertin-tiebags.aspx
And valved bag needing heat sealer with a lining called Biotre.
http://www.pacificbag.com/index.php/stock_products/biotre

However, I'm not convinced and have seen no data or claims Biotre protects
against oxygen and moisture as well as plasticized foil lined bags. And of
course since biodegradable cost substantially more than comparable
non-biodegradable product. Which seems the industry norm be it cups, lids,
bags you name it usually 20-25% more expensive. Get pricing more competitive
for "earth friendly" or whatever and more businesses will be able to afford
to use them.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/