[Homeroast] [homeroast] What did you roast for Thanksgiving?

Scott Thile sethile.pipes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:57:06 CST 2011

No offense taken, miKe. I'm afraid you'd break down entirely if you saw my
set up and approach... I've had the start of 1st lined up with yours, with
at least 3 mins before I hit 2nd, but I lack the confidence in my set up
and my skills to shoot for anything where I don't at least touch 2nd.
Otherwise I just don't know where I am. No doubt I'd love your Gera Jimma
at city/city+ much better than anything I can pull off with it!

At this point I'm limited to a Whirley Pop with a thermometer (more for
comparison between roasts than accuracy) while using the side burner of my
outside grill. Had to replace the grill a couple of months ago, and have
not been happy with a roast since. Still re-calibrating to the new one.
I've been using this basic set up since I started roasting about a year
ago. I like roasting larger batches, or I'd be real tempted to get a Quest.
I'd really love to find or make something on that level that could roast
between 1 or 2 lb batches.

Very Thankful to have gotten into roasting, and to have all the excellent
options from SM and the expertise you all are so happy to share!

Scott