[Homeroast] OT: German bakelite hand grinders

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:26:05 CST 2011

Peter Dienes (PeDe, germany) was early in utilizing bakelite into
household products with this design  of  a coffee grinder during the
late '20s. others then produced similar models.  I've yet to pull the
trigger on one of these to try. They seem to have held up pretty well
but have heard of quite a few with stress cracks.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Brian Kamnetz <bkamnetz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Off topic, a little...
>
> For anyone who is interested in hand grinders, Deutsche Optic has a
> listing for the tall, blocky bakelite german grinders, which they are
> selling for just under $100:
>
> http://www.deutscheoptik.com/product_info.php?products_id=2799
>
> Back before I reformed and quit buying grinders (well, substantially
> quit buying grinders), I lusted after one of these.
>
> Brian

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
Amherst MA.
http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/