[Homeroast] Zassenhaus repair

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:20:05 CST 2011

This is pretty common with box mills especially during dry times from
static. I'm not aware of anything that directs the coffee straight
down to the drawer on any of the common box mills. Though you could
certainly fashion something to do so. Tap,rap,knock etc. the box are
generally used to get the grind into the drawer when this happens.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM, John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have just been given a nearly-new between-the-knees Zass, and have
> rediscovered the Zen of Zassing.  Trouble is, it lacks the little
> device that directs ground coffee down into the drawer.  Result is
> that the grounds are flung all over the interior, and after emptying
> the drawer into my brewer I must carefully shake grounds from "the
> box."  Any suggestions?
> --
> Contra muros, mater rubicolla

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast