[Homeroast] venting new roasts

Rob Lombardi rob at lombardispot.com
Wed Nov 9 17:38:56 CST 2011

Seth,

I recommend installing one-way valves on your glass jar lid. Cut out the one way valve from any bag of coffee. Drill a hole in the lid of the jar. Use some glue or double-stick tape to adhere the one-way valve to the bottom-side of the lid. Now you can seal up the beans from day one and let the gas escape and keep the oxygen out.

-Rob