[Homeroast] questions requesting answers from knowledgeable members

Rob Lombardi rob at lombardispot.com
Wed Nov 9 14:39:11 CST 2011

Malvene,

I don't think it's necessary to have it drip down the side of the cup. Heck, some people prefer the naked portafilter, where the espresso has zero contact as it falls to the cup. Either way, I usually take an espresso spoon and mix the espresso before drinking (no sugar, just take the spoon and move it back and forth a couple times. And then it's good to let it cool slightly (especially with a preheated cup) for better flavor; I usually can only wait 10-15 seconds since I'm impatient to drink it after I pull an espresso.

-Rob