[Homeroast] questions requesting answers from knowledgeable members

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 13:59:03 CST 2011

Malvene,

A rule of thumb for tamping is to find a tamping pressure that you are comfortable with, and then adjust the grind for the correct extraction. If you are using a light tamp and you like the result, then you are doing it right.

Roasting time is also a matter of taste. However, less than 10 minutes is considered short for most coffees and most people, because it is difficult to get an even roast when roasting that quickly. If you feel like experimenting, you could try a lower setting or...(I have little experience with heat gun roasting, so maybe others can give better advice on how to extend the roast time) ...to find out if you like the result better.

Andy