[Homeroast] questions requesting answers from knowledgeable members

Malvene Lemerick malvene at telus.net
Wed Nov 9 13:09:51 CST 2011

Just watched the earlier recommend video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_BEnIr07G4

I found it very interesting but have to wonder -Is the amount of pressure
shown for tamping the norm?

I find if I compact it too much it seems to take too long for the coffee to
drip through and we have a pretty amazing espresso machine.

Also is it beneficial to have the coffee drip on to the side of the cup
instead of straight down to the bottom?

I roast my own beans using the bread machine heat gun method and usually my
roasts of 8-10 ounces takes less than 10 minutes start to beginning of cool
down.  Does that seem too fast and should I be using a lower heat setting on
the heat gun?

I am always interested in improving and would welcome the knowledge of
others.

Cheers

Malvene