[Homeroast] Its too long

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Wed Nov 9 12:14:32 CST 2011

Yes, it is the doser i don't like.  The hopper is great.  A little tall, but
I have lots of room above so not an issue.  The doser is nice if I am going
to make lots of shots for multiple people, but 90% of the time it is just me
and the giotto and I really hate to waste the grinds and or having to vacuum
out the excess grinds from when I make my next shot which might a week or
two in between shots.  I used a rocky before and love the simple chute from
it.  I had read about the complaints from others with thd chute and the way
to go was using the housing from the electric doser.  Which is a funnel
shape and it shouldnt be that hard to come up with something that isn't 177
bucks for a funnel out of stainless steel.   That is my dilemma, plus when I
look at the chute version, it is going to spray everywhere and be just as
wasteful.  So I know the funnel is the way to go, but just got to make a
friend in the sheet metal stamping business....

Peter