[Homeroast] venting new roasts

Dave dbcraw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:10:11 CST 2011

I mostly use bags with vents that I buy from SM. If I happen to be using a
mason jar, I just put the lid on and screw the ring just so it makes
contact. That hold the lid in place and allows CO2 to escape.
One of the signs of fresh roasted coffee is the bloom. You'll probably find
that the longer it sits the smaller the bloom is.
Dave

Some days...
It's just not worth chewing through the leather straps