[Homeroast] Its too long

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Nov 9 09:43:22 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 08:48:06AM -0500, Jon Morgan wrote:
> I really miss opening my Email and reading the many informative messages
> every morning. Where did everyone go? Does no one have any more questions?
> Have we all perfected our technique and no longer need the help of others?
> Are all the old guys gone or has everyone gone to the forum?

There have been a number of "Hi, I've been roasting SM's beans since
19xx" messages in the forum for such things, but it doesn't seem to
have resulted in a huge increase in traffic.  One thing about the
forum, it reports how many [logged-in] users and guests are about, and
the usual ratio is a few to a couple tens (okay, the numbers get that
high only sometimes, call it evening peak).

I guess I forgot to inquire here when I was asking about a local
(Chicago area) spare roaster I could borrow, possibly purchase.  Now
that the Behmor is en route, purchase isn't in the near-term picture,
but I'd still be interested in a chance for some hands-on with a Gene
or HotTop.

--
Remember the refrain:  We always build on the past;
the past always tries to stop us.  Freedom is about stopping the past,