[Homeroast] Roasting problems

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed May 25 11:28:55 CDT 2011

And no one will or can. A good comercial 1lb roaster runs $5k. A good
commercial/home 0.5lb roaster runs $700-$1200 (HotTop or Quest).

What makes anyone think it "shouldn't be that hard" to build a "cheap" home
roaster with excellent control and repeatability? They already are made with
the capabilities possible for the prices paid. Don't like the performance of
the cheapo roasters like the Behmor or I-Roar etc., you gotta pay to play
with real control and repeatability.

Or invest the time and effort to modify/build yourself. I had excellent
control and repeatability using split wired dual variable boosted voltage
controlled (modified) Caffe' Rostos for years before turning professional.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/