[Homeroast] Behmor - Different Roasting times

Jon Parquette parquett at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 25 11:04:36 CDT 2011

There are several things that you can do to improve that. First, if you remove the right side panel and using an air can electronics cleaner, blow out the impeller fan. That often gets filled with dust and slows the roasts.  The second thing to try, but I would call Behmor first, is to pull the back exhaust plate off and then using a screwdriver wedge open a 1/4 inch gap in the the exhaust tunnel. It is hard to describe but easy to do. This dramatically increases the roast rate. I went from not being able to complete a roast to producing charcoal in 15 minutes on a full pound, so you have to be careful not to make the gap too large. Anyway, call Behmor for instructions first.

Jon

P.S this is my first post after lurking for a long time.