[Homeroast] Roasting problems

Greg's Gmail Address olawai at gmail.com
Tue May 24 23:18:24 CDT 2011

I found roasting happiness for a relatively small investment (~$500) a few
years back using BBQ drum techniques and equipment.  Not perfect, but still
makes me smile (almost) every roast.  The most recent negative results were
due to me being greedy and trying to roast too much at a time - lid popped
open, beans got stuck in the lid, 2 pounds in the BBQ, fire, frowny face,
hose, cleanup, more sadness, etc.  Machine redeemed itself the very next
roast, though.  A perfect batch of my own version of Puro Scuro.

Granted this method is not for every person/house/climate, but it works
great for me and didn't cost an arm and a leg (if I had the gas grill it
would have been about $200).

Best, Greg