[Homeroast] Behmor - Different Roasting times

Brian Salwasser salwasser.homeroast at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:01:08 CDT 2011

I purchased my Behmor 3 years ago February, and it was used from SM's.  I
have LOVED it.  However, I also have noticed the roast times slowing down
significantly.  With 8 oz at the 1 lb. setting it goes almost to the end of
the cycle before it touches 2nd crack.  It is rare I ever want to take a
roast to 2nd, but it used to jump into 2nd from 1st with 8 oz in about 12
minutes.  I have kept a log of each roast cycle, and each time I've cleaned
in and run an empty cycle (every fifth roast).  I even took it apart and
cleaned the fan about a month ago with little improvement.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I have been contemplating purchasing another
one.

Thanks,

Brian