[Homeroast] New coffee at Sweet Maria's...including our new espresso blend

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Fri May 20 12:32:30 CDT 2011

I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THE NEW WORKSHOP BLEND oops, sorry, if you
liked Tono Alto. It's probably a little more tame in terms of
brightness. The Tono Alto was screaming bright! But roast to Full
City this new one packs plenty of high end punch too, and has a very
long and complex aftertaste.

On the workshop blends, we can't really bring any of them back,
because they are all designed around particular lots that come and
go. We can do blends in the same general theme I suppose but the
right coffees have to come, and it's hard to plan ahead for exactly
how any lot will work in espresso. One issue is that when I cup
pre-shipment samples (before a coffee is exported from origin) they
are very fresh coffees, not rested for a long time. With experience
you can anticipate how they will change as they settle down, but for
espresso in particular it is really hard. There's almost no way to
pull a good shot of a coffee that was only rested 15 days on a patio
after drying... just another FYI on how I work with the blends.

Tom

-Tom