[Homeroast] Coffee storage

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Sun May 15 16:36:19 CDT 2011

Now that's an interesting idea.  I use a Vacu-vin for wine.  I'll have to
give it a go on coffee beans.  Seems to me it will remove the oxygen around
the beans and replace it with carbon dioxide from outgassing.  The stopper
would then get loose.  I'm thinking it fits well enough, though, that the
trickle of CO2 around the stopper might keep the O2 out.

Bob