[Homeroast] roasted coffee storage

Michael maikeru207 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 12:47:02 CDT 2011

I used to store coffee in mason jars but noticed that my roasts seemed to age
faster than commercial coffees in valve bags.  I wasn't sure if this was due to
my roasting or the valve bags.  I have started placing my roasts in a ziploc bag
and then place it in a valved bag that I continue to reuse.  This way I don't
have to worry about washing the valve bags.  I will admit that it is a little
bit of a hassle and I like looking at the beans stored in jars, but they due
tend to age and show oils at a much slower pace when stored in the valve bags.

Michael