[Homeroast] Roasted Coffee Storage

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Sat May 14 23:21:17 CDT 2011

I wouldn't freeze them.  The condensation from freezing then thawing will age them faster.I'd say it depends on fast you consume your roast.  None of my roasts ever last longer than a week so I don't worry too much about it other than the obvious:Avoid extreme temps (hot and cold)avoid direct sunlight (I hide mine in ziplocks behind my brewers on the kitchen counter at home to keep out of sunlight)
If your going to store them for a while, keep the lids on tight..as I read in another response. It's more important to keep air out than worrying about letting the CO2 out.
Think of the bags, sealed, with one way valves.  They are not letting air in but allowing excess CO2 out, not all the CO2 out.
Michael Bb'ham, AL