[Homeroast] Roasted Coffee Storage

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:08:01 CDT 2011

Terry,
Good idea with the plastic, these containers can stretch some.  Venting off
is ok with one way valves like the spendy foil bags we sell in our shop but
if the plastic or glass jars don't explode then why worry. ( this discussion
is bringing back memories of my uncles home brew bottles exploding. ) Some
say the venting has to do with development / aging / or staling. Which
happens faster or anyway when you open the jar.
But until you do open the jar or break the seal,  the "wrapper of Co2" does
seriously delay deterioration by oxidation.
Joe