[Homeroast] Roasted Coffee Storage

David H.G. Hipwell gisdave at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 17:36:31 CDT 2011

Hey all.

I recently started roasting green coffee with a Hottop KN-8828P-2.  For my 1st & 2nd tries, the results are quite drinkable - very satisfying, with no flames or smoke alarms!!!!

I've got a glass storage container with a screw top that I've been using to store my coffee (always being sure that the top is loose to accomodate the CO2).

I'd like to use Mason Jars (you know, the ones for pickels and jams) for storing coffee, but I'm at a loss about how to create a one-way valve through the top.

Any suggestions would be great!!!!

Thanks.