[Homeroast] New coffees today

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:22:22 CDT 2011

"I've turned pro." So the quote- "To know I must first not know. And in
knowing know I know not" - applies not?

I'm just a learner and will always be one. When I first started roasting I
realized heat is a form of energy that will only flow from an area of high
intensity to an area of low intensity: Hot to Cold. During roasting, with
heat flowing into the bean, thermodynamics demands that the bean interior be
colder than the surface which needs to be colder than the environment in the
roaster as well. Otherwise no heat flow or temperature change where you want
it.

Can't argue with a good roast.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!

Whatever roasts your beans-