[Homeroast] My new Behmor

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:25:32 CDT 2011

Have a Behmor question..........
I have been using my 1600 almost exclusively on P3 C with a 90 sec pre-heat.
I have just shy of a 1/2 Lb. of Limu -Nigusie Lemma left and have the
hankering to try the P2 profile, but, have no idea what to put it on to
start 1st crack after the power drop...............
Suggestions?????????

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Jim Gundlach <pecanjim at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have not found that batch size makes much difference in quality of roast.
>  For me the key goal is using the beans in days three to ten after roasting.
>  I used up some of that good luck I get in life by usually using right at
> what I get roasted when I put one pound of green beans in the Behmor a week.
>  Going for a full week's worth of beans means I am more likely to get the
> roasting done before the previous roast is all gone.
>
>  pecan jim
>

> On May 5, 2011, at 1:55 AM, John Monteleone wrote:
>
> > After roasting with my fresh roast for the past eight months, I just
> > purchased a Behmor.  I also picked up some beans.
> >
> > *Costa Rica Cafetalera Herbazu
> > **Ethiopia Wet-Process Jimma -Duromina Coop*
> >
> > Any Behmor roast recommendations for my first batches.  Should I start
> with
> > 1/4 pound or 1/2 pound.  Settings.  I've watched the video on SM and read
> > the recommendations.  Any other things to consider.  Let me know what you
> > think.
> >
> > John

"Idiots are so much fun! That's why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.