[Homeroast] still roasting and reading

Malvene Lemerick malvene at telus.net
Sun May 1 15:13:11 CDT 2011

Hi Joseph,

Our machine is a Appia and I do believe my husband is looking after the
screens and group gaskets. at least I hope so. J   With 3 or 4 coffees a day
I am hoping this machine is going to last us the rest of our life!  However,
we do seem to get a lot more company these days and they all want  and enjoy
the coffee.

We looked into getting a filter system but it seems the water in our area,
Vancouver BC, is so good that it was not really necessary.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Cheers

Malvene

Malvene,

Nice auction score on the commercial machine. Is is an Aurelia like mine. We

use in our coffee shop. Real nice work horse. Sept. will be three years in

service. Keep your screens and group gaskets fresh and your pours will sing.

Did you get a nice filter system in place for it? Very important on these

single boilers.

Happy shots to you,,,

Cheers,

Joseph

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Malvene Lemerick <malvene at telus.net> wrote:

> I don't post much because usually  the conversations are too

> technical

> for me but I am always interested in what people have to say. I roast with

> the bread machine/ heat gun method. Are there many of us left?  I have a

> low

> tech roasting system but am fortunate enough to have one of the best home

> brewing systems. Last year at an auction I picked up a  six month old
nouva