[Homeroast] I'm still roasting and reading the list

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sun May 1 08:26:27 CDT 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 5:27 PM, Malvene Lemerick wrote:

> Are there many of us left?  I have a low
> tech roasting system but am fortunate enough to have one of the best home
> brewing systems. Last year at an auction I picked up a  six month old nouva
> simonelli commercial machine I believe it retails for about $7000.

Malvene,
    Sounds like you have done well, very much like in the style but on a larger scale than my getting a broken commercial grinder that weighs 42 pounds, I can't remember the brand right now, for $1,19 a pound and found that the reason it did not run was that the power cord was broken. (sorry to extend my way of talking to my grand kids to the list)  I more than doubled the cost by buying new burrs.  Getting this commercial grade grinder made the second largest improvement in my coffee experience.  Number one?  Finding a source of great coffee beans, you got it, Sweet Maria's.
     pecan jim